If games emulators are your thing, then PPSSPP is the app you want. Supporting all PlayStation and PSP based games.
You can download the PPSSPP emulator on your phone using the links below.
How to Download PPSSPP using iOSHaven:
- Download iOSHaven app onto your device using the linked guide
- Open iOSHaven app, find PPSSPP, and download it.
How to Install PPSSPP using AltStore :
- Open Safari browser, open this page and tap the download link to download PPSSPP
- Install AltStore on your iPhone
- Now go to the AltStore icon on your home screen and open the app
- Tap on + at the top-left of the screen
- Look for PPSSPP in the IPA files list and tap it
- Type in your Apple credentials if asked to (usually only if you haven’t used AltStore before)
- PPSSPP will now begin installing and when it’s done the icon appears on your home screen and in the AltStore app
How to Sideload PPSSPP IPA File:
- First, download the PPSSPP .ipa file from the link above.
- Use Cydia Impactor app for the IPA installation
How to Download PPSSPP on Android:
Download the APK file for your android devices from the Google PlayStore link above.
How to Use in PPSSPP:
First, your PSP games must be in .iso or .cso format, but, as we are not legally allowed to distribute these files with the app, it’s down to you to provide them. If you want your official PSP games converted so you can use them with PPSSPP, you will need to head to Google, find and download a custom firmware on your PSP. Once you have done that, you can follow the steps below:
- Put the UMD in the PSP
- Using a USB cable, plug your PSP into your computer
- Get to the main menu on the PSP and press on Select.
- A menu will appear ( on the Custom Firmware ) – select UMD as the USB device.
- Staying back to the main menu, select Settings, from the left, and select USB Connection
- A folder will now appear on your PC – in this is the virtual ISO file drag the file to your hard drive (remember where), and it will begin copying.
- When it’s finished, the game is copied and done.
You can use tools, such as Maxco, to transform your ISO files into CSO files, which are compressed ISOs.
If your PSP contains digital downloads, you can use them on PPSSPP; all you have to do is copy toe EBOOT.PBP from the PSP to the PPSSPP. However, be aware that this hasn’t been fully tested, so you may come across problems with some games.
PPSSPP Emulator Features:
- Quick and easy download
- Simple navigation
- Works without Cydia
- Works on iOS 10 and above on supported devices
- Supported on multiple devices, including TV boxes, smart TVs and Android 4 or above
- Supported consoles and hosts include PPSSPP, PlayStation, PSP and many more
- Play games to suit your mood, from retro to a modern game, anything you like
- Play multiplayer games online
- Full support for gameplay recording and sharing over Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- Play some games on local servers without using Wi-Fi
- Cloud server hosting and storage – fast downloads, security, and all your games data is stored
- You don’t need to install separate emulators for separate consoles as one-click-play is supported
- Create customized game maps and game controls
- Many more useful features
Alternative Emulator Apps:
Download PPSSPP onto your device today and tell us what games you play through it. You can follow us on Facebook or join the developer on its GitHub page for more tips like this. The official Twitter page is linked here.