As the name might suggest, NDS4iOS is for Nintendo games, and it works on all iOS devices. It gives you the ability to play any Nintendo game you want and offers other features, including Dropbox syncing, lots of in-app settings, and as close to a console experience as you will get on a mobile device. You no longer need Cydia, and this emulator is all Free to use.
Downloading NDS4iOS is quite easy to do but, rather than the official app store, you will need an external installer called TweakBox.
Read on for the steps to download TweakBox and then your app. Tap to download directly.
Method 1: Using TweakBox app
- Download TweakBox app onto your iPhone or iPad
- Open the installer by tapping the icon on your device
- Tap on the Apps option
- Tap on TweakBox Apps and type the NDS4iOS into the search bar or click on the download button above
- When the correct result has appeared, tap on Install
- When the app has installed, tap the icon on the home page and start using it.
Method 2: IPA File Installation
You can also download the NDS4iOS .IPA files on your computer and use Cydia Impactor app to install the IPA file on your device, installing the NDS4iOS emulator app on your iPhone or iPad.
How to Install ROMs to NDS4iOS:
By now you should have successfully installed NDS4iOS emulator onto your iPhone or iPad. Now we can look at how to install ROMs to the emulator so you can play your games. Here’s how to do it:
- Open Safari browser and find your game ROM from a trusted source
- Once the zip file is downloaded, tap the More button
- From the options listed, choose Copy to NDS4iOS
- Open the emulator on your device and the ROM will be there
- Tap on it and change the settings before settling in to play
You can use iTunes to transfer/copy any ROMs already on your computer.
If you can’t find the Nintendo game you want in this emulator, have a look at these alternative emulator apps:
For playing Nintendo games on your iPhone or iPad, you won’t get better than the NDS4iOS emulator app. Games emulators always were a popular download from Cydia, and they will continue to be popular outside of it, given that they are the only way to play console games on a non-console device. NDS 4iOS is completely free to use, It is very easy to install and simple to use, so try it today and tell us what games you are playing on your device.
For more news and updates like this, you can follow us on Facebook, and if you have any questions, drop us a line in the comments box below.
Fix Untrusted Developer Error:
While Apple isn’t fond of letting you use unofficial content on your iOS device, they are limited in what they can do to stop it. When you install Tweak Box and try using it, you will be faced with an Untrusted Developer error, one of the ways that Apple tries to put you off. Don’t falter though; this is easy to fix and will not stop you using the installer:
- On your iOS device launch your Settings app
- Tapping on General, go into Profiles
- Find and select TweakBox in the list
- Trust the profile and close Settings
- When you go back to the installer, the error will no longer appear
Fix Emulator App Crashing Issue:
When Tweak Box is installed, you will only get a few days of use out of it before it crashes and stops working. This is down to Apple revoking the certificate because it isn’t official, but you can stop this from happening by installing a VPN when you have installed Tweak Box. This protects your certificate, keeps you safe online, and saves you from having to keep installing the app repeatedly.