The Provenance emulator app for iPhone provides support for multiple consoles in one app, allowing you to play any console-based game with a single tap.
You can download the Provenance app from the links below.
How to Download Provenance using TopStore:
You can’t get Provenance from the app store, and you can’t download it directly. Instead, you must download an app installer called TopStore app, here’s how.
- Use the steps at the linked guide to download TopStore
- Open TopStore, find Provenance and download it
How to Download Provenance using Ignition:
You can download the Ignition App to install the Provenance emulator on your iPhone. Simply install the Ignition app and go to Apps > Ignition Apps > Type Provenance and tap on Install option as shown here.
How to Install Provenance using AltStore:
- Launch Safari browser, open this page and tap to download the Provenance IPA file
- Open AltStore on your iPhone or iPad
- Find and tap the + sign on the app home screen
- You will see the IPA files you have installed on your device; tap on Provenance in the list
- If asked, input your Apple ID and password so the IPA file can be installed and then wait
- When Provenance has installed, the icon is on your home screen and is also available via the apps section of AltStore
How to Install Provenance IPA File:
Things You Need:
- Cydia Impactor
- Provenance IPA file
- Latest iTunes version
- Internet connection
- iPhone or iPad
- Certified iOS lightning cable
Note: If you are using one of the later iOS devices, it will be 2FA-enabled and you are likely to encounter an error when you try to use Cydia Impactor. The best way around this is to generate an app-specific password for use with Cydia Impactor – sign in to your Apple account on the official website and go to Security. Go to App-Specific Password and generate one. Copy it to your clipboard.
Now you are ready to install Provenance to your device.
- Download and extract Cydia Impactor onto your computer
- Download the Provenance IPA from the link above.
- Connect your iPhone or iPad to your computer and open Cydia Impactor
- When it has detected your device, open and drag the IPA file into Cydia Impactor
- Type your Apple ID and the password you generated in and wait for Cydia Impactor to sideload Provenance onto your device
- Before you use it, open your iOS Settings app and tap on General
- Go to Profiles and find the Provenance profile
- Tap on it and Trust it – Provenance will now work on your iPhone or iPad
Video: Provenance Gameplay ( credits )
How to Add ROMs to Provenance Emulator:
Provenance has its own built-in browser which gives you easy access to loads of games; all you have to do is search for the game you want and install it. There is a handy + icon at the top of the app screen to help you. However, you can also download external game ROMs, those you get from the internet. Here’s how to do that:
- Provenance emulator installed on your device
- The game ROMs you want to install
Follow these steps:
- Launch the Safari browser on your device
- Find the game ROM you want – use reputable sources only – and download it to your device
- Find the ROM in your downloads folder and tap it
- Tap on Open in Provenance and the game will be added to the emulator
- Tap the icon on Provenance and enjoy your game
If the ROMs you download is corrupted or incomplete, they will not run on Provenance. Only use reputable and trusted sources.
- Easy to follow download instructions
- User-friendly app interface makes navigation easy
- No jailbreak and no rooting
- Supports all devices that can run iOS 10 and above
- Works on Android 4, smart TV and TV boxes
- Supports multiple consoles – Nintendo, PPSSPP, PlayStation, GBA, and more
- All ages and game preferences catered for – all your favorites are included
- Play against others with full support for online multiplayer gaming
- You can record your gameplay and share it with others using Bluetooth or Wi-fi
- Wi-Fi isn’t needed for all games as some multiplayer online games are played on local servers
- Never lose game data again – cloud server storage allows for syncing and fast, secure game downloading
- One-click-play supported, you don’t need a separate emulator for each game
- The ability to create your own game maps and game controls
- Plenty more features
Do let us know how you get on with Provenance and follow the developers on Twitter and on Facebook for more updates. There is also a dedicated Wiki page for more information. All details are from the GitHub page.