Learn how to jailbreak your iPhone and iPad.
Step-by-step guide and download tools to jailbreak your iOS devices.
- 1 How to Jailbreak iPhone:
- 1.1 Jailbreak iOS 14 to iOS 14.7.1:
- 1.2 Jailbreak iOS 13 to iOS 13.7:
- 1.3 Jailbreak iOS 12 to iOS 12.5.3:
- 1.4 Jailbreak iOS 11 to iOS 11.4.1:
- 1.5 Jailbreak iOS 10 to iOS 10.3.4:
- 1.6 Jailbreak iOS 9 to iOS 9.3.6:
- 1.7 Jailbreak iOS 8 to iOS 8.4.1:
- 1.8 Jailbreak iOS 7 to iOS 7.1.2:
- 1.9 Jailbreak iOS 6 to iOS 6.1.6:
- 1.10 Jailbreak iOS 5 to iOS 5.1.1:
- 1.11 Jailbreak iOS 4 to iOS 4.3.5:
- 2 How to Use Cydia:
- 3 How to Add a Source to Cydia:
- 4 Top Cydia Repo Sources:
- 5 How to Download a Tweak on Cydia:
- 6 How to Delete a Tweak from Cydia:
- 7 How to Bypass Jailbreak Detection:
- 8 Frequently Asked Questions:
How to Jailbreak iPhone:
You can jailbreak your iPhone using the jailbreak tools listed below.
Jailbreak iOS 14 to iOS 14.7.1:
- Unc0ver Jailbreak
- CheckRa1n Jailbreak
Jailbreak iOS 13 to iOS 13.7:
- Unc0ver Jailbreak
- Checkra1n Jailbreak
Jailbreak iOS 12 to iOS 12.5.3:
- Chimera Jailbreak
- Unc0ver Jailbreak
Jailbreak iOS 11 to iOS 11.4.1:
- Electra Jailbreak
- Unc0ver Jailbreak
Jailbreak iOS 10 to iOS 10.3.4:
- H3lix Jailbreak
Jailbreak iOS 9 to iOS 9.3.6:
- Ph0enix Jailbreak
Jailbreak iOS 8 to iOS 8.4.1:
Jailbreak iOS 7 to iOS 7.1.2:
- Pangu Jailbreak
Jailbreak iOS 6 to iOS 6.1.6:
- P0sixspwn Jailbreak
Jailbreak iOS 5 to iOS 5.1.1:
- RedSn0w Jailbreak
Jailbreak iOS 4 to iOS 4.3.5:
- Greenp0ison Jailbreak
How to Use Cydia:
After installing Cydia by jailbreaking your iPhone, follow the steps below to use it to install jailbreak tweaks on your device.
- When you launch Cydia, you will see the homescreen as shown below.
- At the bottom of the screen, you will see the options like Sources, Changes, Installed, and Search.
- In Sources, you can add repositories and edit existing ones. You can find a list of additional repo sources on the linked page to add.
- In the Search option, you can find tweaks and apps from the Sources that you have added in Step 3.
- The Installed option shows the installed Cydia tweaks.
- The Changes page shows any updates to the apps that you have downloaded from Cydia.
How to Add a Source to Cydia:
- Launch Cydia on your iPhone or iPad
- Tap on Sources, and you will see a list of sources already included in Cydia.
- In the top right corner of the screen, tap Edit
- In the top left, tap Add
- Type in the source URL that you want to add as a repository in Cydia
- Click on Add Source as shown above.
Top Cydia Repo Sources:
Tap the buttons below to add the repo to Cydia.
How to Download a Tweak on Cydia:
- After you have added a repo source on Cydia, go to Search
- Type in the tweak name and verify that it works on your iOS version.
- Then tap on Modify option on the top right of the screen and select Install > Confirm
- The tweak will start installing. Select the option Restart Springboard when the option appears.
How to Delete a Tweak from Cydia:
- Launch Cydia and go to Installed > Recent and tap on the tweak name
- Tap on Modify > Remove > Confirm
- When asked tap on Restart Springboard
How to Bypass Jailbreak Detection:
You need to add the following tweaks on Cydia to block jailbreak detection on apps that don’t run on jailbroken devices.
Method 1: JailProtect
- Open Cydia and tap on Sources > Edit
- Now tap Add and type in the following URL – http://julioverne.github.io
- Tap on Add and when it’s been added, tap on Search and type in JailProtect
- Tap on Install
- When it’s done, you can open Settings > JailProtect to configure it
Method 2: UnSub
You do need to respring your device anytime you want to use the UnSub tweak.
- Open Cydia and go to Sources
- Tap Edit > Add and type in https://repo.nepeta.me
- When it’s added, go to the Search tab and type Mitsuha Infinity
- Tap Install and wait.
The tweak can be configured by going to Settings > UnSub
Method 3: Liberty Lite
- Open Cydia and tap Sources > Edit > Add
- Type http://ryleyangus.com/repo/
- When it’s been added, open Source and tap on All Packages.
- Find and install Liberty Lite ( make sure to delete any earlier versions from your device first )
- Open Settings > Liberty Lite to apply the patches and configure the tweak
- Tap on Block Jailbreak Detection and set the toggle for the apps and games.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- What is Jailbreaking?
Jailbreaking is the process that allows you to unlock the true potential of your iPhone and break the restrictions set by the iOS operating system by installing a “Package Manager”, like Cydia or Sileo. Jailbreaking then gives you the ability to install 3rd-party apps and tweaks to customize and improve your device.
- Is Jailbreaking Illegal?
Jailbreaking is not illegal. In 2012, The Library of Congress ruled it as a legal exemption to the DMCA, or Digital Millennium Copyright Act, making it legal.
- What is a Package Manager?
Package managers like Sileo and Cydia are installed when you jailbreak your iPhone. A Package Manager lets you install third-party jailbreak apps and tweaks onto your iOS device. They are like an unofficial app store.
- What is Cydia?
Cydia is a package Manager ( unofficial appstore ) for iOS devices that lets you download tweaks and jailbreak apps on your iPhone and iPad. To download Cydia on your phone, you need to jailbreak your iOS device using the jailbreak tools listed above.
- Why Do We Need to Jailbreak to Install Cydia?
Apple is quite restrictive in what they allow us to download. If it doesn’t come from their official appstore, they don’t want you to have it. Cydia is one way to get unofficial apps and other content on your device, and it is included in every jailbreak; you cannot install it on its own.
- Why Should You Download Cydia?
Cydia offers several features for iPhone users that are not available without jailbreaking.
- Download themes and tweaks to change the appearance of your device
- Download apps and tweaks that bring additional features and functionality to existing iOS features
- Download apps and tweaks that offer added functionality to stock iOS apps
- Lots of ringtones, wallpapers, and other useful features unavailable on iOS
These features make downloading Cydia worthwhile.
- Can Cydia Be Installed without Jailbreaking?
No, Cydia cannot be installed without jailbreaking first.
- Is Cydia Free?
Yes, Cydia is a free appstore for iPhone and is available for download using any of the jailbreak tools listed above.
- Is Cydia Safe to Use on the iPhone?
Yes, Cydia is safe to download and use on your iPhone. However, you should only add reputable Repo Sources on Cydia and download tweaks from there. Third-party repo sources may have malware on them.
- What Benefits Do I Get From Jailbreaking?
Jailbreaking gives you access to lots of features and functionalities, including:
- Getting deep access to iOS
- Accessing package managers such as Cydia or Sileo
- Install themes that change how your device looks
- Install tweaks that change how your device behaves
- Install third-party content not available elsewhere
- Do I Need To Pay for My Cydia Tweaks?
While many of the tweaks and apps in Cydia are free, some require a small payment.
- Are there any Cydia Alternatives?
- How to Remove Cydia from iPhone?
To delete Cydia from your iPhone, you can either restore your device using iTunes or use the Cydia Eraser app. Cydia Eraser is a useful tool that removes Cydia from your iPhone without updating your current iOS firmware. It means that, if you want to, you can rejailbreak your device and install Cydia again later.
- What is a Repo?
A repo, or repository, is a database full of tweaks and apps that you can add to the package manager ( i.e., Cydia or Sileo ) on your jailbroken device. Package managers usually come with several repo sources pre-installed, but you can add additional repos that give you access to more tweaks.
- What is a Tweak?
A tweak is a program that changes how certain parts of your iOS device look and feel. Tweaks typically don’t have an app icon that you can tap on. Instead, you will find them in your Settings app, where you can customize them up.
- What Does “Respring” or “Restart Springboard” Mean?
When your device resprings, the homepage and the iOS user interface are restarted. Most tweaks require you to “respring” your device for the changes to take effect without rebooting your phone. You also do not have to reinstall the jailbreak once your device resprings and the package managers ( i.e., Cydia and Sileo ) will remain active.
- What is Recovery Mode?
Recovery Mode is a kind of protection on your iPhone or iPad that lets you do a fresh install of the iOS operating system. Recovery Mode is a useful feature for when some part of the iPhone operating system becomes damaged or corrupted and will not start up correctly. This can happen during a failed jailbreak attempt.
- What is DFU Mode?
DFU Mode allows you to interact with the operating system without loading iOS or the boot loader. DFU means Device Firmware Upgrade but should not be confused with Recovery Mode, as in functional terms, it is different. DFU is typically used as a last resort should things go badly wrong on your iPhone or iPad, but some tools also use it as part of the process to jailbreak your device.
Having Jailbreak Problems?