Sileo is a new jailbreak appstore for iOS devices.
Sileo is a Cydia alternative, that is created to fill the gap since Cydia is no longer being updated.
How to Download Sileo:
Download and Install Sileo on iOS 11, iOS 12, iOS 13, and iOS 14 firmware.
- CheckRa1n Jailbreak
The new iOS 13 jailbreak tool ( available only for Mac at the time of writing this ) now supports the Sileo appstore. Get more information about Checkra1n jailbreak in the linked article.
- Chimera Jailbreak
The newly released Chimera jailbreak is a full-fledged iOS 12 jailbreak designed to install the Sileo appstore on your iOS device. It has been designed from the ground up, keeping in mind that there are no battery issues, freezing, or crashing of your device while using the app. Sileo app comes bundled with the Chimera jailbreak app.
- Unc0ver Jailbreak
Uncover Jailbreak for iOS 12 works with Sileo, and it can be installed after you jailbreak your device. Then follow the tutorial below.
To do this, you first need to install a new repository in Cydia
- Open Cydia on your device and tap the Sources button
- Tap on Edit and then tap Add
- In the URL box, type in one of these URL’s to add the repo – http://www.pixelomer.com/repo or https://samgisaninja.github.io
- Tap Add and let the source be added.
- Once it is, tap on the Search tab and type in Sileo Installer – this will let you use Cydia with Sileo without any problem.
- Tap Install and then Confirm
- When it’s done, tap Restart Springboard.
- From your home screen, you can now run the Package Manager for Sileo Installer.
- You should now see the Sileo and Cydia, both on your iPhone.
- Electra Jailbreak
- Launch Cydia on your device and tap on Sources
- Scroll down the page and tap iOS Utilities for Electra – this is the default Electra Jailbreak repository.
- Scroll down the new page and tap on the package for Sileo Beta
- Tap Install and wait; when the installation has finished, tap on Restart Springboard
- On your home screen, you will see the icon for the jailbreak store, tap to open it
How to Install Sileo IPA File:
- Download Cydia Impactor onto your Mac or PC
- Download the IPA file from the links above
- Open Cydia Impactor, connect your device, and wait until it has been detected.
- Drag the IPA file over to the open Cydia Impactor window
- Type in your Apple credentials
- Click OK on the Expired Certificate warning and wait
- When Cydia Impactor is done, the jailbreak appstore is ready to be used.
How to Add a Repo on Sileo:
- Go to Sources at the bottom of the screen
- Tap on the Plus sign in the top right corner of your iOS device
- Now enter the Repo URL in the box as shown here. Then tap on Add Source to complete.
How to Install and Un-Install apps from Sileo:
- Launch the Sileo app and tap the Get option to download apps on your device.
- To delete any app, tap on Packages option.
- Select the app or tweak that you want to Modify, as shown in the image below.
- In the next screen, click on the Re-Install or Uninstall option as suitable.
- All Cydia repos will be compatible with Sileo with no extra configuration needed.
- Users may easily add tweaks with interfaces similar to Cydia
- Tweak developers can place their apps in the jailbreak store
- Tweaks that are not supported on iOS 11 or above will be removed
- User-friendly interface
- Safe Mode with lots of options
- Faster to load than Cydia
- Cydia purchases will still be possible
- The jailbreak store will only work on iOS 11 or higher
- It only works on 64-bit devices
- Removal of unsupported tweaks may cause problems for testers and developers
Frequently Asked Questions:
- What is Sileo?
As we said, Sileo is meant to be a replacement for Cydia, and it has full support for all 64-bit devices that run iOS 11 or newer.
- Which is better Cydia or Sileo?
- Can I Use Sileo and Cydia
- Is Sileo a Jailbreak App?
- How to Pronounce Sileo?
The name Sileo literally translates from Latin as ‘Restart’; Google translate confirms that for us, check it ( here ). You can also see that some of us have been mispronouncing the name. It should be pronounced as “Silly-O”.