Pangu jailbreak can install Cydia on iOS devices running iOS 7, iOS 8, and iOS 9.
Use the links below to download the Pangu jailbreak app.
Things to Remember:
- Pangu is an untethered jailbreak that works on all iOS 7 versions
- You need to disable your passcode and Find My iPhone till the jailbreak is complete
- Please backup your iPhone data before you begin the jailbreaking process.
How to Use Pangu Jailbreak:
- Download Pangu jailbreak, using the relevant link from above
- For Mac users, find the .dmg file and double-click it to mount it; for Windows users, find the pangu.exe file, right-click it and choose “Run as Administrator”
- When the jailbreak screen loads, connect your device and click on the large Jailbreak button
- A series of download instructions will be shown on-screen, follow these.
- You will be required, during the installation, to change the date on your iOS device to June 2nd. Open Settings > General > Date & Time to do this
- The jailbreak process will restart, and Pangu will be installed to your device
- Now tap the Pangu icon on your device home screen to continue the jailbreak. A warning message will appear, asking you if you want to open the application, tap Continue
- Your device will reboot a number of times, and when you see the Cydia icon on your home screen, the jailbreak is complete.
- Go back to your settings app and reset the date back to normal
- Open Cydia and set it up for first use; You are now ready to start installing your Cydia tweaks.
While Pangu is a reliable and safe jailbreak, some people have encountered a few errors. These are detailed below, along with their solutions:
- Pangu Stuck at 45%
This error tends to appear when you back up your data using encrypted backups in iTunes. To fix, open iTunes > Summary and disable Encrypted Backups. Take an unencrypted backup of your data and then attempt the jailbreak again.
- Pangu Jailbreak won’t Install
If you have tried several times to jailbreak your device using Pangu and it isn’t working, follow these steps in order:
- Enable Airplane mode on your device and try the jailbreak again
- If that doesn’t work, reboot your computer and your device and have another go
- If not, open Pangu and use the Restore function to restore your device and then try again
Do check that you have disabled Find my iPhone/iPad, and your passcode
- OTA on iOS 9 Error
If you are on iOS 9 and have updated using the OTA method, the jailbreak will not work. You must update manually. Be aware that this may now put you on an iOS version that cannot be jailbroken so always, whenever you update your device, use one of the iTunes methods to ensure that you can install future jailbreaks.
- Cannot Find Preferences for Tweaks
There is no support for PreferenceLoader in iOS 9, so you won’t see the jailbreak tweaks preferences in your Settings app. This may change in the future.
- Cannot Find Cydia after Pangu Jailbreak
If you jailbreak, but the Cydia app is not there, open Photos on your device and run Pangu again; wait, and you should see Cydia appear.
- Pangu Start Button is Greyed Out
To get past this error, make sure you have the latest iTunes version on your computer, reconnect your device and try the jailbreak again.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Is Pangu Jailbreak Safe?
- Can I install Pangu using AltStore?
- Is Pangu Jailbreak Untethered? Yes
- Is Pangu Jailbreak Free?
- How Do I Install Tweaks and Themes From Cydia?
Open Cydia and look for the theme or tweak that you want. When you find it, tap it and follow the instructions on your screen to install it. For themes, you need to have WinterBoard, Snowboard, and RocketBootstrap installed, all of which are in Cydia.
Pangu jailbreak is one of the better jailbreaks and offers free access to a massive range of apps and tweaks. Let us know if you run into any trouble installing Pangu and follow us on Facebook for more updates.