Cydia Impactor lets you install IPA files of apps and tweaks on your iPhone and iPad using a computer.
Use the download links below for installing Cydia Impactor on Windows PC or Mac OSX.
Things to Know:
Before we dive into Cydia Impactor, here are a few things you need to know:
- You will need your Apple ID to use this app. You can set up a dummy free account for use with Cydia Impactor if you want
- With a free Apple ID, your apps will expire after 7 days and will require reloading. This must be done every 7 days
- With a paid ID, this won’t happen for 12 months
- iTunes must be updated to the latest version
Let’s get started:
How to Use Cydia Impactor:
- Use the download button above to download the app for Mac, Windows, or Linux
- Download the .ipa for your ( app )
- Connect your iOS device to your computer
- Launch the app and wait for it to pick up your device
- Find the .ipa file and drag it to Cydia Impactor
- Click OK on the Expired Certificate Warning
- Input your Apple ID and password and click on OK
- Wait; Cydia Impactor will sign the file and install it on your device
- The icon will be on your home screen when the installation has finished
- Open Settings>General and go to Profiles
- Tap your Apple ID in the list and tap Trust
- Close Settings; your app is now ready for use.
It’s that simple.
How to Download IPA Files:
- Tap on the button above and download the IPA file for your desired app on your computer ( Mac or Windows PC ).
- Now use the Cydia Impactor app from the link above.
- That’s it. You have installed the modified app or tweak. Video below.
Wait, there’s more
Why Use Cydia Impactor?
Pretty much any app or tweak .ipa. file you can think of can be installed using the cydia Impactor app. These are apps that are unsigned and not recognized by Apple as official apps; thus, they don’t appear in the appstore. Aside from jailbreaking, sideloading ( i.e installing IPA files using Cydia Impactor ) is the only way to get unofficial apps.
One of the biggest benefits of Cydia Impactor is that you don’t need to use vast amounts of cellular data to transfer files. By far, the largest benefit is that you can avoid the official app store. If you want something out of the ordinary, something that Apple doesn’t allow in the store, Cydia Impactor is the way to get it.
But we’re not done yet:
There are a couple of errors that you might come against; very simple to solve:
Fix Cydia Impactor Provision.cpp Error
When you input your Apple ID, a provision.cpp error may appear – it will say “provision.cpp: 150 Please Sign in With App-Specific Password” or it will tell you that you didn’t put your Apple details incorrectly.
Don’t worry, follow these steps to solve it:
- From your browser, go to ( Apple.com )
- Type the details you used in Cydia Impactor
- Click Security > Edit
- Click APP SPECIFIC PASSWORDS
- Click Generate Password
- Type a label, remember what it is
- Click Create, and you will get a new password generated
- Copy to clipboard and, when you use Cydia Impactor, that is the password to use with your Apple ID
Fix Cydia Impactor Doesn’t Detect My Device
This isn’t an issue with the Impactor app; it is with your computer, and it could be for one of these reasons:
- iTunes is not installed on your computer, or it is not up to date
- your device isn’t connected correctly to your computer
- iTunes doesn’t recognize your iPhone or iPad
Her is how to fix this problem. There are five possible fixes to this; start at the beginning and work through until one works for you:
- Method 1: USB Port
Does the USB port work properly? Look at your device – is it charging when plugged in? If not, the port could be faulty; try a different one. If no ports work, try the next steps.
- Method 2: Reinstall iTunes
- Delete iTunes, Apple Mobile Device Support and Apple Application Support off your computer
- Reboot your machine and install iTunes again
- Reboot and try the app again
Still not working?
- Method 3: USB Cable
Check your USB cable. Are you using an Apple-certified one? If you are and it doesn’t work, try a different cable. If the cable is OK, but Cydia Impactor still doesn’t find your device, try the next method
- Method 4: Update Cydia Impactor
Like all software, this app must be up to date. Look here for the latest version.
- Method 5: Try Another Computer
If nothing works, try using another desktop or laptop and see if that solves the problem.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- What is Cydia Impactor?
Cydia Impactor is a computer app that allows the installation of .ipa files on your iPhone or iPad.
- What is Sideloading?
Sideloading is a process whereby a file can be transferred from one device to another. It can be done using Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, SD card, or, as we do most often with IPA files, using the lightning cable to connect the iPhone or iPad to the computer. There is a Reddit Community for discussion on this topic.
- What is SideloadBox?
SideLoad Box is an IPA Library from the developers of TweakBox App. Here you can download .IPA files of tweaked and modified apps and tweaks on your computer that could be installed using the Cydia Impactor app, on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch. ( Sample Image: Installing Chimera app using Cydia Impactor on iPhone )
- Is Cydia Impactor Safe?
Yes, sideloading with Cydia Impactor is one of the safest processes you can use to transfer files and apps between devices. Because you are not jailbreaking, you are not leaving your device open to the potential for malware or viruses. Provided the app or file you are transferring is safe on your computer, it will be safe on your mobile device. The most important thing is to only download IPA files from reputable sources.
- Is Cydia Impactor a Jailbreak?
No, this is an app that runs on your computer and lets you install .ipa files on your iPhone. It does not jailbreak or root your device.
- Does Cydia Impactor work on iOS 13?
Yes, it supports iOS 11, iOS 12, iOS 13, and all upcoming iOS versions.
- Does Cydia Impactor Void warranty?
No, it does not void the warranty of your iPhone or iPad. However the app you install using it may affect your warranty.
What do you think?
Drop us a line if you have any problems and follow us on Facebook for more tips and tricks