Do you want to know how to install anything you want on your device? Then you need to learn how to use Cydia Impactor. A powerful tool, Cydia Impactor lets you install unofficial content, such as TweakBox app installer, easily onto your device.
It gets better
It’s free to download and use
Ready to learn?
Before you Start:
Before we dive into Cydia Impactor, here are a few things you need to know:
- You will need your Apple ID to use this app. You can set up a dummy free account for use with Cydia Impactor if you want
- With a free Apple ID, your apps will expire after 7 days and will require reloading. This must be done every 7 days
- With a paid ID, this won’t happen for 12 months
- iTunes must be updated to the latest version
Let’s get started:
Download Cydia Impactor:
How to Use:
- Use the download button above to download the app for Mac, Windows, or Linux
- Download the .ipa for your ( app )
- Connect your iOS device to your computer
- Launch the app and wait for it to pick up your device
- Find the .ipa file and drag it to Cydia Impactor
- Click OK on the Expired Certificate Warning
- Input your Apple ID and password and click on OK
- Wait; Cydia Impactor will sign the file and install it on your device
- The icon will be on your home screen when the installation has finished
- Open Settings>General and go to Profiles
- Tap your Apple ID in the list and tap Trust
- Close Settings; your app is now ready for use.
It’s that simple.
What is Sideloading?
Sideloading is a process whereby a file can be transferred from one device to another. It can be done using Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, SD card or, as we do most often with IPA files, using the lightning cable to connect the iPhone or iPad to the computer. There is a Reddit Community for discussion on this topic.
What is SideloadBox?
SideLoad Box is an IPA Library from the developers of TweakBox App. Here you can download .IPA files of tweaked and modified apps and games on your computer that could be installed using the Cydia Impactor app, on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch. ( Sample Image: Installing SnapChat++ app using Cydia Impactor on iPhone )
How to Use Sideload Box?
- Tap on the button above and download the IPA file for your desired app on your computer ( Mac or Windows PC ).
- Now use the Cydia Impactor app from the link above.
- That’s it. You have installed the modified app or game. Video below.
Wait, there’s more
Why Would You Sideload?
Pretty much any file you can think of can be sideloaded, but most iOS users use the method to sideload IPA app files onto their devices. These are apps that are unsigned and not classed by Apple as official apps; thus, they don’t appear in the store. Aside from jailbreaking, sideloading is the only way to get them.
One of the biggest benefits of sideloading is that you don’t need to use vast amounts of data to transfer files. By far, the largest benefit is that you can avoid the official app store. If you want something out of the ordinary, something that Apple doesn’t allow in the store, sideloading is the way to get it.
But we’re not one yet:
Common Error Fix:
There are a couple of errors that you might come against; very simple to solve:
Cydia Impactor Provision.cpp Error:
When you input your Apple ID, a provision.cpp error may appear – it will say “provision.cpp: 150 Please Sign in With App-Specific Password” or it will tell you that you didn’t put your Apple details incorrectly.
Don’t worry, follow these steps to solve it:
- From your browser, go to ( Apple.com )
- Type the details you used in Cydia Impactor
- Click Security>Edit
- Click APP SPECIFIC PASSWORDS
- Click Generate Password
- Type a label, remember what it is
- Click Create, and you will get a new password generated
- Copy to clipboard and, when you use Cydia Impactor, that is the password to use with your Apple ID
Cydia Impactor Doesn’t Detect My Device:
This isn’t an issue with the Impactor app; it is with your computer, and it could be for one of these reasons:
- iTunes is not installed on your computer, or it is not up to date
- your device isn’t connected correctly to your computer
- iTunes doesn’t recognize your iPhone or iPad
How to Fix:
There are five possible fixes to this; start at the beginning and work through until one works for you:
Method 1: USB Port
Does the USB port work properly? Look at your device – is it charging when plugged in? If not, the port could be faulty; try a different one. If no ports work, try the next steps.
Method 2: Reinstall iTunes
- Delete iTunes, Apple Mobile Device Support and Apple Application Support off your computer
- Reboot your machine and install iTunes again
- Reboot and try the app again
Still not working?
Method 3: USB Cable
Check your USB cable. Are you using an Apple-certified one? If you are and it doesn’t work, try a different cable. If the cable is OK, but Cydia Impactor still doesn’t find your device, try the next method
Method 4: Update Cydia Impactor
Like all software, this app must be up to date. Look here for the latest version.
Method 5: Try Another Computer
If nothing works, try using another desktop or laptop and see if that solves the problem.
Is Cydia Impactor Safe?
Yes, sideloading with Cydia Impactor is one of the safest processes you can use to transfer files and apps between devices. Because you are not jailbreaking, you are not leaving your device open to the potential for malware or viruses. Provided the app or file you are transferring is safe on your computer, it will be safe on your mobile device. The most important thing is to only download IPA files from reputable sources.
What do you think?
Sideloading is a safe and easy way to transfer files and apps and its dead simple to do. Try Cydia Impactor for TweakBox and get a whole heap of apps and games on your device for FREE.
Drop us a line if you have any problems and follow us on Facebook for more tips and tricks