The Wii and the Nintendo GameCube offer some of the very best in gaming but, until now, you needed the games console to play them. Not anymore. Now we have an app called GC4iOS, an emulator app that lets you play your favorite retro Wii and GameCube games on your iOS device.
The best bit? It’s free
GC4iOS ( Gameboy Color Emulator ) is the only emulator app that supports GameCube and Wii games right now, so if those are the games you are looking for, this is the app for you.
Let’s move on
How to Download GC4iOS:
This is really simple. You can’t get this from the app store, but you can easily get it by installing a third-party app installer called TweakBox. Packed with 3rd-party games, unofficial apps, jailbreak tweaks, emulators, and more, TweakBox is a must-have app store for any iOS user.
- Download TweakBox App onto your iOS device
- Open it and use the search box to find GC4iOS
- Tap on GC4iOS and tap Install on the app page
- Wait; when the icon appears on your home screen, the app is ready for use
We’re not done yet
Adding ROMS to GC4iOS:
When you open the emulator, you won’t find any games on it. That’s because you need to download the ROMs for the games you want. Don’t worry, and this is easy. All you need to do is search Google for the ROM you want, download it to your device and open it with GC4iOS.
That is how simple it is!
Wait, there’s more
GC4iOS App Features:
GC4iOS is a feature-packed Gameboy Color emulator app, with plenty on offer for users:
- Supports Nintendo GameCube, Gameboy Color and Wii games
- Support for Open In
- Memory Bank option for storage
- Top-quality sound emulation
- Doesn’t use much battery power
- Support for compressed ROMs, RAR, ZIP, etc.
- Free to use
- Doesn’t need a jailbreak
- Supports all iOS devices on all iOS firmware up to iOS 13
Fix Untrusted Developer Error:
When you open GC4iOS the first time, an Untrusted Developer error will load – this is because it is an unofficial app. Here’s how to fix it:
- Open Settings > General > Profiles
- Tap the developer name and tap on the Trust button
That’s it, the emulator app will now work
Over to you
Because this is the only emulator to support GameCube and Wii games, you won’t want to miss out. Download the app and follow us on Facebook for more cool tips.