If you own an older generation iPod Touch 3G or iPad 1st Generation, then there is a very simple way to bring some iOS 9 features to it using an app called Grayd00r.
You can get the Graydoor app from the download links below.
What is Grayd00r?
Grayd00r 9 is a simple application that provides extra speed and new features to the older iPod Touch 3G and other older iOS devices that do not support iOS 9 firmware.
How Does GrayD00r Work?
GrayDoor disables some system processes to provide a boost in performance, and it offers users the choice of disabling other features they don’t use to speed things up even more. This is a continuation of a project started by the same team some years ago. That project was called Whited00r, which brought iOS 6 and iOS 7 features to older devices.
You can watch the installation video below.
Grayd00r 9 Features:
Grayd00r 9 also provides a few features to give your device an iOS 9-like look. Check out these neat features:
- An iOS 9-like UI
- SlideOver for easy multitasking
- App Time Machine to find and install older app versions
- Control Center
- Software updates Over the Air
- Lowercase keyboard
- iOS 9 fonts
- Impressive speed and performance boost
Things to Know:
- You must have an up-to-date version of iTunes on your device
- Your older iOS device must be clean, so a restore is advised.
- Make sure you back up your data before you start
Compatible Apple Devices:
Graydoor 9 is only compatible with older iOS devices listed below.
- iPod Touch 1G, 2G, 3G
- iPhone 2G, 3G
- iPad 1G