Are you using the Tinder dating app and wondering whether to upgrade it or not? The free app offers several useful features but, unless you upgrade to Tinder Plus, you are limited in many ways. So what does Tinder Plus offer and is it worth the cost?
Let’s find out
What is Tinder Plus?
A pro version of the popular dating app, Tinder Plus costs $9.99 per month, and for that price, you get access to features that those on the free version simply don’t get. But are these features any good and are there any downsides to paying?
What We Liked:
- Passport feature – allows users to change the location and talk to any user in the world. Great for travelers
- Rewind – this is for those who swiped right when they meant to swipe left or vice versa and allows you to undo your mistake
- Boost – puts your profile at the top for 30 minutes – can only be used once a month
- Super-Likes – five super-likes instead of the one you get on the free version
- Unlimited swipes – swipe as much as you want, no limits
Other features include:
- No ads
- Ability to limit your profile
- Limit what information other users see
- Your profile is seen by more local singles
Wait, there’s more
What We Disliked:
Tinder Plus does have its downsides though:
- Paying for the premium features is a waste of time if you are not a frequent traveler as you won’t use the features
- There is no guarantee of more matches, and if you don’t have a great bio and photos, you are throwing your money away
- On average, users spend around 90 minutes per day on the app and having unlimited swipes could translate to more time with no results
We’re not done yet
Is Tinder Plus Worth the Money?
Well, that depends on you and what you want from Tinder. If you only use it occasionally and can usually find your own dates then probably not. If you are a more serious user, travel a lot, want more control over what can be seen in your profile or want to spend all day swiping then paying for it will be worth the cost.
It really does come down to your personal choice and what your aims are. If you are happy paying $9.99 per month and know that you will get the use out of the app then go for it. Tell us what you think and follow us on Facebook for more tips and tricks.